Intended to prevent your commercial, financial, medical, and legal documents and papers from falling into the wrong hands, the Swingline D-Series DM12-13 Micro-Cut Shredder cuts them into 1/8" x 1/2" shreds. At such small pieces, they are definitely of no use to would-be identity thieves. In fact, the shredder falls under Security Level 4, or Commercially Sensitive rating, according to the DIN classification system, just one step below Top Secret or Classified.
The shredder is capable of processing from 11 to 13 sheets of paper depending on how thick they are. With the machine's razor-sharp blades, it is not only the pieces of paper that are shredded but also paper clips and staples wires often left on them. The machine can also handle credit cards in the same entry slot where papers are inserted.
Equipped with a Jam Free technology that consists of special sensors and an LED light warning system, the machine is virtually free from paper jams. The sensors are able to detect if the sheets of paper you are introducing into the entry slot are too thick. If so, the LED light comes alive with the color red, otherwise, it lights up in green.
Unlike some shredders that generate a lot of noise while performing their tasks, the Swingline DM12-13 runs quietly. You can spend hours shredding without unduly disturbing your office colleague in the next cubicle.
With its strong and efficient motor, the shredder is capable of continuous duty operation. You can shreds reams of paper before the machine needs to be cooled down, or you can share it with your officemates without worrying about overheating.
Instead of a waste bin, the shredder comes with a skeleton frame on which a plastic bag is draped. This is installed inside a shred cabinet below the head to catch all shredded material. The bag has a capacity of 13 gallons.
To extend the service life of the machine, the cutter is oiled. This, however, does not require regular lubrication, as the shredder does this automatically. Just pour the oil into a built-in container and the machine will do the rest.
The Swingline D-Series DM12-13 Micro-Cut Shredder stands on casters for ease of moving. It is 24" H x 19" W x 14" D.
Swingline DM12-13 Micro-Cut Jam Free Shredder, 12 Sheets, 5-10 Users (1770070) for Sale
Sale Price: $830.00
Swingline DM12-13 Micro-cut Jam Free Shredder, 5-10 Users Make it easier for your department to stay secure with this shredder. A micro-cut shredder, the DM12-13 delivers high, Level P-5 security...
- Non-stop Jam Free indicator glows red when too much paper is inserted to prevent jams before they happen. LED light glows green when you are within the shredder's capacity.
- Micro-cut shredder meets high security needs (Level P-5) and shreds up to 12 sheets at a time
- Shreds paper clips, staples and documents into 13-gallon pull-out bag frame. Line bag frame with plastic shredder bags or Swingline paper shredder bags.
- SelfOil feature automatically lubricates cutters with synthetic oil to ensure cutters move freely and shred easily even after years of use
- Self-cleaning Cutters automatically remove shreds that cause build-up and lead to jams